Sunday 16 November 2014

No Heat Overnight Hairstyle




I'm currently growing out my hair, so I like to use a little heat as possible to prevent damage. The problem I found with this though is that I get into hairstyle ruts. My hair is a bit too crazy to wear out naturally, but I was sick of ponytails and buns. This hairstyle is so simple, you may have already tried it actually. But this is just the way that I like to do it to get the best effect.


I like to start with clean, almost dry hair. Obviously it's only a no heat hairstyle if you let it air dry. The shampoo and conditioner I am using at the moment are the Platinum Strength ones from Tresemme. When my hair is still damp I add one pump of the Tresemme Split Remedy treatment. The final product I use is optional but I think it adds a little more texture. I spray in a bit of the David Babaii Bohemian Beach Spray which I also think holds the wave a bit better. Any salt spray will work. Then I section my hair into two parts and do a standard braid. How tight you pull the braids will determine how tight the waves are. Personally I like to leave them a bit looser. Try braid down as far as possible so your ends aren't just straight. This can be a little difficult if you have layered hair though. 

Then, obviously as the title suggests, you go to sleep. Make sure your hair isn't too wet though otherwise it might not dry by the time you wake up, and the waves will just fall out. When you wake up, gently let your braids out. I'd then literally just run my fingers through them, and maybe add some more spray. You can run a brush through the top and your fringe, but I wouldn't recommend brushing through the waves, unless that's the look you're going for. The last step is to decide what you want to do with your fringe. It's quickest just to leave it out, but of course you could pin it back, or do something fancy. Play around with this style until you find how it best works for you.



And that's it! It's really so simple. All you need is the knowledge of  how to braid and some hair ties. Also, if you are growing out your hair like me, sleeping in braids decreases friction, therefore decreases hair breakage. So as well as having cute hair you'll also have healthy hair! Bonus. I think this is something I am going to be doing a lot over the summer when I don't feel like using heat. Its a great hairstyle for those beachy holidays as well.


I hope you've enjoyed this post, and that you're having a lovely evening. Let me know if you would like any more hair tutorials. Or any other post ideas as I'm running low! 

Courtney Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment