Sunday 3 May 2015

New Hair | Courtney Grace


Guys, I just couldn't help it. I went even shorter. And I LOVE IT. I'm one of those people that will just decide one day out of the blue that I feel like cutting my hair, and then do it the next. A few times this has lead to absolute disaster, but the last two times have left me so incredibly happy. What's changed you ask? Well the answer to that is I have learnt that finding a good salon is key, not just which ever is nearest or most convenient.

Firstly I would just like to make a disclaimer. I have made a promise to myself that everything I write on this blog will be truthful. If I'm asked to review something, I will give you my honest opinion. I'm not about to tell you that something is absolutely worth your money if it is in fact, not. I chose to book at the salon I got my cut at, and I want to share my amazing experience with you, for you!

At the beginning of the year my hair was long and damaged and I needed a change. I booked in at Hillcrest Hair Design because my mother and my best friend both get their hair done there. I had had short hair a few times in the past, and decided I wanted to try it again. The problem I faced each time though at other salons is that the stylist never really listened to what I wanted. They tried to encourage me to keep it longer just in case I didn't like it short. I always ended up leaving with hair longer than I had envisioned. At Hillcrest Hair Design I booked in with Karina the for my first appointment, not really knowing what to expect.

I arrived and she sat me down and she took a look at my hair, and we talked about what I wanted for a good few minutes. I could tell she was really trying to get a good understanding of the style I wanted. I showed her pictures as well just to make sure which she took a good look at. From the beginning I told her I was not afraid to take a lot of hair off, and she listened! This was such a first for me. Another thing I liked was that she really took her time. Nothing about the cut was rushed. I was honestly so happy with how it turned out. It was exactly how I had imagined it. The best part was that it was so manageable that I could still style it myself at home and have it look decent. The reason I'm talking so passionately was because this was probably the first time in 18 years that I have been truly happy with a haircut.

Then last week I decided once again I needed a change. I called Hillcrest Hair Design again, asking especially for Karina to do my cut. When I arrived she remembered who I was and the cut I had last time which was comforting. I told her I was happy with how it turned out last time so I wanted to go shorter. Once again she listened, and took another look at my hair, though she knew it already. She made sure I understood the certain things that come with having hair above your shoulder, like the ends flicking, but in no way was she trying to discourage me. She asked for my opinion the whole way through the cut which was very comforting. I've had experiences where the stylist has done her own things from start to finish, and I've been to shy too tell her that I don't like it, like a lot of us are. The cut I have at the moment is easily my favourite cut I've had so far. I said that about the last one, but they just keep getting better. I don't know how she does it? My hair takes me less than ten minutes to completely style with heat and all. I am obsessed with short hair. I think it suits me so much better.

If you've gotten to this point, thank you. I had some reservations thinking that perhaps people would not appreciate this post thinking I had been paid or pushed into doing it. And that may be the case for some people. But I hope not. I just had a really great experience and am so grateful to Hillcrest Hair Design for it. I want others to be able to have the same experience. Of course I also want Hillcrest Hair Design to get the attention they deserve. If you like, pop in to book an appointment. Brenda and the team would love to see you. Let them know you heard about them from this post! They are all so friendly and the atmosphere in the salon is the same. I'll leave a link to their website below. They also have a Facebook and Instagram as well. Even though I am moving cities in 2 months, they will still be my salon of choice because I have gotten to know and trust them. I may just have to wait until I come home for visits!


hillcresthairdesign.co.nz (Their website)

No comments:

Post a Comment